Monday, January 30, 2012

Closing tomorrow

We are set to close tomorrow at 1pm - we had our final walkthrough on Friday, and everything was good. We've signed the contract with Ryan in August, so it feels like this has been such a long time. But, once we finally get the keys tomorrow, we are going to hop in the car and drive downtown Indy to the Super Bowl Village and spend the rest of the day there - not at our brand new house. Haha. We'll move this weekend.

As I'd guessing, I did not do a good job on the 7 day countdown - so I'll do the last three now.

#3 - Neighborhood and location - we have a tree lined yard on a private cul-de-sac street (not at the end of cul-de-sac as we'd originally hoped - most of those lots were just too small or didn't fit our house with a 3 car garage). We're excited to live in a neighborhood with a park and pool, and lots of young families. The Ryan homes are probably on the lower price range for the neighborhood, but I'm OK with that.

The school district is great. Our lot is in the middle of the neighborhood - away from traffic and busier streets. I drove through a nearby new construction neighborhood, and the houses felt like they shared backyards and were on top of each other. I'm glad the lots in our neighborhood are all either tree-lined or overlooking a pond.

#2 - Master 'suite' - we have 2 closets, a big bedroom with tray ceilings, and a nice sized master bath. We are excited to get a King Bed, and enjoy our new space (where we won't fight over closet space).

#1 - Family room with fireplace and 4 ft extension - these are the upgrades that I fought my husband for (he wanted them, I said they were a waste of $$$). I'll eat my words and say I was wrong - and I'm glad he won the argument. We will love the fireplace, and the 4 ft extension was awesome - gave us more space in the family room and the media room downstairs. I can't wait to enjoy a glass of wine sitting by the fireplace this weekend.

No pictures for this post, but hopefully I'll get a ton of pics tomorrow when we walkthrough before closing. I will post pictures after moving too - I'm sure the house will be a mess for awhile - and we have NOWHERE enough furniture to fill the house, but it'll be a work in progress this year.

Congrats to everyone else closing soon, can't wait to see everyone's pictures.

Once I close, I'll post some opinions on NVR and Ryan - I don't want to jinx myself beforehand.

2 comments: