Sunday, January 22, 2012

Closing in 9 days

I got to walk through the house yesterday - it is amazing and so close to be done. I think we still need microwave/range, mirrors, 2nd half of gourmet island, 2nd half of kids bathroom vanity, painting the front door and putting the pillars up, and the two big light fixtures - dining room and foyer.

I was so excited to see the floors down that my brain stopped working. I didn't walk on the carpet in my dirty shoes, so I walked around the covered floor and didn't leave the 1st floor. Then, as I was leaving, I realized I should've taken my shoes off and walked around the carpet and the Other floors. Wow. At least my husband had a working brain and took pictures of the basement and 2nd floors. Here are some pics

5 comments:

  1. Your home looks beautiful so far! Your wood floors are gorgeous! Are they laminate or wide-plank wood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The floors are laminate looking wood (and it was among the least expensive laminates that the flooring place offered).

      I had a terrible experience after putting hardwoods in my kitchen at my old house (scratching, denting - looked awful after 1 year...and looked near dead after 5 years).

      I still do love hardwood, but didn't want to spend more $ on those floors with two young kids - I'd like to upgrade my flooring once my kids are older.

      Delete
  2. Everything looks great! Love those floors! Won't be long now - can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love the floors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful. Look at all the shelves in your closet. We only have one shelf even in 2 huge master bedroom closets.

    ReplyDelete